In the business world, January is often looked upon with dread. It’s after the busy fall season, after the Holiday rush and many find the slowness to be stressful.
I say January is a great time to sit down and make plans for the upcoming year! Take advantage of the slowness to get yourself organized and ready.
Here are five things I do every January to set the tone for the entire year!
- Set a goal. I’m a HUGE believer in the power of setting goals. The bigger, the better. Decide what you want. Make it big. And then work toward that goal all year long. Setting a big goal for yourself can help move your business in amazing directions!
- Reflect. Look back over last year. Make yourself a list. What went well? What are you proud of? What would you like to continue with in the new year? What would you like to tweak? Take the time to take pride in your accomplishments and add your list of “tweaks” to your goals for the year! Continue doing what works, and change what needs improvement. It’s a good practice in business and in life!
- Look at your numbers! This one can feel scary but it’s SO important! Go through your old contracts. What are your clients buying? What products are the most profitable. Is there anything that is not selling? Is there anything your clients LOVE that you could sell more of? Now is the time to identify those things in your business. Let go of the things that are not profitable and boost your offerings of the things your clients love. know your C.O.Gs (cost of goods) and start your year off with your most profitable foot forward.
- Purge. This is a big one for me. By the end of the busy season, my office looks like it’s been hit by a hurricane. Take advantage of the slowness of January to clean and purge. It feels so good to start the year off organized!
- Educate. Look back at your goal for the New Year? What is it? Do you want more clients? Do you want to earn six figures? Do you want to master social media? Whatever it is, find a workshop or a class or a book that is going to help you get there. Education should always be a part of your business plan!
If strengthening you business is part of your New’s Years goal, be sure to check out Lady Boss Workshops! This awesome online workshop will be launching in the Spring but we’ll be sending out solid, actionable business advice all year long to our newsletter list. So sign up today!
Happy New Year! Lets make 2017 great!